[asterisk-users] Can't install package asterisk-dbgsym on Stretch [SOLVED]

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 07:35:14 CST 2017

Hi,

> On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 06:11:47PM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On a fresh Debian Stretch setup, I have:
> > $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d//dbgsym.list
> > deb http://debug.mirrors.debian.org/debian-debug/ stretch-debug main
> >
> > # apt-get update
> > # apt-get install asterisk gdb
> >
> >  # apt-get -s install asterisk-dbgsym
> >  asterisk-dbgsym : Depends: asterisk (= 1:13.14.1~dfsg-2+deb9u1) but
> > 1:13.14.1~dfsg-2+deb9u2 should be installed
>
> You seem to mix two versions.
>
>   apt-cache policy asterisk
>   apt-cache policy asterisk-dbgsym

I'm a bit ashamed of this but I must have forgotten an apt-get update,
before trying to install asterisk-dbgsym.
I did it and it worked perfectly.

Sorry for the noise !

> > (above output is translated from the output I had)
>
> (Hint: LC_ALL=C <original command line>)
>

> > 1. Is this a bug in debian-debug repo ? If positive, should I file a bug
> > report ?
>
> rmadison shows me now that the versions of asterisk is
> 1:13.14.1~dfsg-2+deb9u2 in both the stable and the stable-debug repos.
>

> > 2. Is correct to understand that to get DONT_OPTIMZE, BETTER_BACKTRACE
> and
> > so on options compiled in, I must recompile anyway ?
>
> Right. DONT_OPTIMZE has a considerable performance impact.

How would you roughly evaluate this performance impact ?
I don't want to CREATE issues with performance penalties but I think I
can't  afford to see Asterisk segfaults (a customer of mine has this with
PJSIP) within having required data to open tickets.

> I never
> considered BETTER_BACKTRACE and its performance impact. Is it
> independent of DONT_OPTIMZE?

Both settings ar those required here [1]. I can't telle much about them
beside that.

[1]  https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace