[asterisk-users] Is it possible to have two endpoints to the same IP address where one uses IP based authentication and the other requires asterisk to register to that system?

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Thu Dec 14 10:59:00 CST 2017

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Dan Cropp <dan at amtelco.com> wrote:

> Currently using PJSIP.  First, they want me to get this working with the
> existing PJSIP configuration, but then setup a second box using chan_sip
> performing similar work.
>

> For PJSIP…
>
> I currently have an endpoint configured to a system using IP based
> authentication.  It is configured with a match setting in the endpoint
> section.
>
> All channels coming from that IP address go to this endpoint.
>

> They want me to keep this endpoint, but add a new endpoint where we
> register with them.
>

> Existing…
>
> [transport1]
>
> type = transport
>
> bind = 0.0.0.0
>
> protocol = udp
>

> [1002]
>
> type = aor
>
> remove_existing = yes
>
> contact = sip:1002 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>

> [1002]
>
> type = endpoint
>
> context = mycontext
>
> transport = transport1
>
> accountcode = 6
>
> dtmf_mode = inband
>
> device_state_busy_at = 48
>
> force_rport = no
>
> identify_by = username
>
> from_user = 1002
>
> disallow = all
>
> allow = ulaw
>
> acl = acl1
>

> [identify112]
>
> type = identify
>
> endpoint = 1002
>
> match = 1002 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Check this first...  identify112 probably failed to load because the match
parameter can only take an ip address
plus an optional netmask, or a hostname.  The '1002@' is invalid.

> I setup the registration and the endpoint.
>

> [286]
>
> type = aor
>
> remove_existing = yes
>
> contact = sip:286 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> qualify_frequency = 60
>

> [auth8]
>
> type = auth
>
> username = 286
>
> password = yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>

> [286]
>
> type = endpoint
>
> context = mycontext
>
> transport = transport1
>
> outbound_auth = auth8
>
> aors = 286
>
> accountcode = 22
>
> dtmf_mode = inband
>
> device_state_busy_at = 48
>
> force_rport = no
>
> disallow = all
>
> allow = ulaw
>
> acl = acl1
>

> [registration3]
>
> type = registration
>
> transport = transport1
>
> client_uri = sip:286 at zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz
>
> server_uri = sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> contact_user = 286
>
> outbound_auth = auth8
>
> expiration = 3600
>

> The registration for the second endpoint works fine.  However, when I call
> through the other system for 286, it is failing.  For the INVITE from the
> other switch, the from_user varies depending on who is calling.  Asterisk
> logs report “No matching endpoint found” when it processes the INVITE for
> 286.
>

> I believe the reason INVITEs work for the other channel is because they
> are programmed to support the match for this IP address.
>

> Can anyone offer some suggestions?

You may be able to use the 'line and 'endpoint' registration parameters...
[registration3]
type = registration
line = yes
endpoint = 286

This causes asterisk to put the encoded endpoint name in the outgoing
Contact header.  If the provider properly echos back Contact parameters
when sending responses or new requests, asterisk will use the line
parameter to match an endpoint.  I'll have to double check but I believe we
do that BEFORE checking any identify object for a match.

> --
>
> Check out the new Asterisk community forum at: https://community.asterisk.
> org/
>
> New to Asterisk? Start here: