[asterisk-users] Is it possible to have two endpoints to the same IP address where one uses IP based authentication and the other requires asterisk to register to that system?

Dan Cropp dan at amtelco.com
Wed Dec 13 11:51:21 CST 2017

Currently using PJSIP.  First, they want me to get this working with the existing PJSIP configuration, but then setup a second box using chan_sip performing similar work.

For PJSIP...
I currently have an endpoint configured to a system using IP based authentication.  It is configured with a match setting in the endpoint section.
All channels coming from that IP address go to this endpoint.

They want me to keep this endpoint, but add a new endpoint where we register with them.

Existing...
[transport1]
type = transport
bind = 0.0.0.0
protocol = udp

[1002]
type = aor
remove_existing = yes
contact = sip:1002 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

[1002]
type = endpoint
context = mycontext
transport = transport1
accountcode = 6
dtmf_mode = inband
device_state_busy_at = 48
force_rport = no
identify_by = username
from_user = 1002
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
acl = acl1

[identify112]
type = identify
endpoint = 1002
match = 1002 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I setup the registration and the endpoint.

[286]
type = aor
remove_existing = yes
contact = sip:286 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
qualify_frequency = 60

[auth8]
type = auth
username = 286
password = yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[286]
type = endpoint
context = mycontext
transport = transport1
outbound_auth = auth8
aors = 286
accountcode = 22
dtmf_mode = inband
device_state_busy_at = 48
force_rport = no
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
acl = acl1

[registration3]
type = registration
transport = transport1
client_uri = sip:286 at zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz
server_uri = sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
contact_user = 286
outbound_auth = auth8
expiration = 3600

The registration for the second endpoint works fine.  However, when I call through the other system for 286, it is failing.  For the INVITE from the other switch, the from_user varies depending on who is calling.  Asterisk logs report "No matching endpoint found" when it processes the INVITE for 286.

I believe the reason INVITEs work for the other channel is because they are programmed to support the match for this IP address.

Can anyone offer some suggestions?