[asterisk-users] Showing CallerID on multiple phones

Jeremy Vogel jvogel at rogerstwoway.com
Mon Dec 11 09:49:02 CST 2017

John

We ring multiple phones directly from the dial application, then
everyone sees who is calling and can pickup if they need to. First one
to grab it gets the call and everyone else shows a missed call so they
can scroll back through the history if they need to.  Then we also
prefix the callerID with the last 4 of the DID that was called, which is
all the phone company sends us, so anyone seeing the call can tell who
was called.  Like this, where XXXX is the DID sent from the phone company:

exten => XXXX,1,Answer()
    same => n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${EXTEN}:${CALLERID(name)})
    same => n,Dial(SIP/101&SIP/102&SIP/103,22,tTkK)

Jeremy