[asterisk-users] Polycom UC 4.x Unreachable

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 23:42:45 CDT 2017

Solved it!
Turns out UCS Polycoms are quite picky about blank callerids, to the
extant they ignore those packets completely.
My global "callerid=" in sip.conf was intentionally blank.  In ten
years, in never caused a problem.
By setting to 0, the Polycoms that didn't respond to SIP OPTIONS (nor
the NOTIFY for waiting messages) now work fine.

If anyone is curious, the problem is easily reproduced in the dialplan
by setting the callerid there to blank, then the UCS polycom will
ignore that INVITE as well.  Set the callerid to anything else and
it'll ring.