[asterisk-users] log incoming calls without answering

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Apr 21 03:58:54 CDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 05:51:59PM -0300, Fabio Moretti wrote:
> Il 20/04/2017 17:32, kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com ha scritto:
> >
> > This gets kinda Rube Golberg-ish, but convert the incoming analog line
> > to sip, route it through asterisk and have asterisk do its thing
> > before converting it back to analog to send to the phone. Only problem
> > is you get a lot of extra hardware involved in the mix to make it
> > work. It will be a lot of expense and trouble, so you need to make
> > sure that whatever part you want asterisk to play is worth that
> > effort. Also, I wouldn't touch a fax line in this manner.
> >
> > If you could give a bit more info on what you want asterisk to do, we
> > could maybe give better advice on how to solve your problem.
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I've already proposed your solution (is the most reasonable) but they
> have more than 60 analogs lines (no faxes) and some of them terminate in
> appliances like alarms, etc, so the solution must not touch in any way
> the connection between the line and his termination: doing a analog to
> digital conversion, passing it to asterisk and the convert it back to
> analog is prone to problems (what if asterisk crashes? or if a gateway
> fail?).
> I can split the existing lines (there are no complex things like adsl or
> digital signaling), convert the branches to digital and terminate then
> into an asterisk machine, so any failure will not affect the old
> circuit, but of course I've to configure asterisk to ONLY LOG calls and
> nothing more.
>
> This is what they want:
> - line 1 ring
> - line 1 is splitted in two, the first branch (let's say the "analog"
> branch) go to an analog phone, that rings
> - the second branch go through a gateway and then to asterisk
> - asterisk log (with an AGI for example) "line 1 rings at .... from ...."

Simple dialplan. Depending on the type of caller ID system, you may need
to wait a few seconds (in case the caller ID is sent after the first
ring).

Thus, assuming you have a DAHDI device, your dialplan is:

exten => s,1,Wait(5)   ; check how much and if waiting is needed
 same => s,n,NoOp(Caller ID is ${CALLERID(num)} on DAHDI channel ${CHANNEL(dahdi_channel)})

And move on to report from there.

If you also need to report the total time of the call: that might be
possible if the remote side reverses polarity of the channels on call
start and end. Information about it is currently only reported in debug
messages by chan_dahdi. So it is possible (given polarity reversal), but
tricky.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com