[asterisk-users] log incoming calls without answering

Fabio Moretti fmoretti at tecytal.com
Thu Apr 20 15:26:07 CDT 2017

Hi,

I've some analogic lines and I'm asked if it's possible to program an asterisk for "checking" the inbound calls without answering them, doing something like this:

analog line 1 -----+---------- asterisk

                   \______ analog phone

when a call enter, asterisk sense it and store its values (callerid, date and time, etc) somewhere, but nothing more, people will answer using the old analog phone.
The goal is to have a log of the inbound calls without touching the old analog system (it's shared between different subjects).

I'm pretty sure it's something possible, but how to tell asterisk: "ok, call this AGI, and then don't answer and do nothing more".

Any idea?

Thanks