[asterisk-users] asterisk as non root

Atux Atux atuxnull at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:31:03 CDT 2017

root at PBX: /var/www/html $ /etc/init.d/asterisk start
[ ok ] Starting asterisk (via systemctl): asterisk.service.
root at PBX: /var/www/html $ ps aux | grep asterisk
asterisk  1007  0.7  2.3  67128 23748 ?        Ssl  Apr19   8:49
/usr/sbin/asterisk -U asterisk -G asterisk
root      4186  0.0  0.1   4192  1992 pts/0    S+   17:30   0:00 grep
asterisk
root at PBX: /var/www/html $ /usr/sbin/asterisk –rx "sip show peers"
Privilege escalation protection disabled!
See https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/x/1gKfAQ for more details.
Asterisk already running on /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl.  Use 'asterisk
-r' to connect.
root at PBX: /var/www/html $