[asterisk-users] IAX2 getting stuck

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at asterisk.open.source.it
Wed Apr 19 16:23:02 CDT 2017

On Wednesday 19 April 2017 at 23:14:46, Carlos Chavez wrote:

> On 4/19/17 4:09 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 April 2017 at 22:54:51, Carlos Chavez wrote:
> >>        I have a server that had been operating for a few years now with
> >>
> >> IAX2 trunks to several other servers.  Since yesterday all IAX2 trunks
> >> now say UNREACHABLE.
> >
> > ...snip...
> >
> >> So far the only thing different is that the receive queue for port 4569
> >> is not zero like all the other servers:
> >>
> >> udp   128760      0 0.0.0.0:4569                0.0.0.0:*
> >>
> >>        Basically all packets for IAX2 are getting stuck in the queue.
> >>        Any
> >>
> >> suggestions?
> >
> > Have you tried rebooting the router which connects this machine to the
> > Internet?
> >
> > It sounds like a stale connection-tracking table entry to me.
> >

> > Antony.
>
>      We have already tried that.  One of the servers that has an IAX
> trunk to this server is on the same local network so that eliminates any
> firewall/router in the way.  We disabled iptables just in case too.

Hm :(

You say the USB ethernet adapter got unplugged and then reconnected...

1. What's the name of the network device for this adapter?  Is it the same
name as it previously had?

2. What does 'ifconfig' say the IP address is for this adapter?

3. What do you have in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf for 'bindaddr' and 'bindport'?

4. Do you have SIP connections on the same network interface, and are those
working as normal?

Antony.

--
"It would appear we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve
with computer technology, although one should be careful with such statements;

 - John von Neumann (1949)

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.