[asterisk-users] Multiple phones when one is unregistered

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Thu Sep 1 05:55:19 CDT 2016

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 06:22:18 -0400
Mark Wiater <mark.wiater at greybeam.com> wrote:
> On 8/31/2016 9:57 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > exten => 5555551111,1,Verbose(Door buzzer calling)
> >> same => n,Set(toRing=)
> >> same => n,ExecIf($["${DEVICE_STATE(SIP/user1)}" = "NOT IN
> >> USE"]?Set(toRing=${toRing}&SIP/user1)
> > Failed.  I checked the online docs and the syntax seems to be
> > correct but I get this:
> >
> > [Aug 31 21:52:00] WARNING[-1][C-0001fed5] pbx.c: No application
> > 'ExecIf' for extension (unauthenticated, 5555551111, 3)
>
> Set is a function, not an application. ExecIF executes an application.

I wondered about that but the docs are not very explicit on the subject
and I thought that the other poster was suggesting something that he
had used/tested.

> I'm a bit confused by this whole topic. The dialplan snippet in the
> original email
>
> > exten => 5555551111,1,Verbose(Door buzzer calling)
> >    same => n,Dial(SIP/user1&SIP/user2&SIP/user3)
>
> should have rung the phones forever as long as one phone was active
> and not forwarding or DNDing.

So does the Dial command go directly to the registered device or does
it use the extension?  I was assuming that it was going to the
extension's voice mail if it wasn't there but that's in the extension
dialplan and I suspect that the extension is irrelevant and only the
SIP registration matters.  That would be a good thing since many
extensions also ring the user's cell phone and that would be annoying
if they were at home when someone came to the office door.

Perhaps my problem was that one of the users was removed from sip.conf
but their phone was still in the above plan.  For example, user2 leaves
the company, is removed from sip.conf but we forgot to remove him from
the door buzzer extension.  That might give me the behaviour that I was
seeing.

I think I have enough information now to analyze this problem if it
happens again.  Thanks for the help.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net