[asterisk-users] Is it possible that variables returned from AGI take a moment to "stick"?

Jonathan H lardconcepts at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:36:36 CDT 2016

I thought dialplan flow was that (normal!) agi was called, it did its
thing (which include returning some dialplan variables/lists), and
then when agi finished it returned to the dialplan which then reliably
carried the product of agi.

But I'm calling agi, scanning a path in python, and then finding that
unless I call a 1 second wait in the dialplan AFTER the agi, sometimes
the variable is empty, even though agi debug shows it was sent.

Any tests I can do, or is this to be expected?