[asterisk-users] SIP on multiple ports

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Oct 17 06:30:21 CDT 2016

>Jerry has already clarified in a previous reply that he is running SIP
over TCP, not UDP.
>But he hasn't clarified on which machine he is applying the iptables
header rewrite rules (10.201, or 1.3?).

>Either way though, it seems like a kludgy work-around. IMO, it'd be better
to focus on creating the correct Asterisk peer configuration for the peer
>that is operating on the non-standard separate port, and don't use any
packet-header mangling at all.

>Jerry, can you post your configuration for the peer in Asterisk? (eg from
sip.conf)

>Pete

Hi Pete,

I am running iptables on the 10.201 machine. I have not control over the
other machine. It is a microsoft lync product.

my definition...
[MyTrunk]
type=friend
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context=my-incoming
host=192.168.1.3
;port=5068
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes
transport=tcp

I have tried it with or without the port=5068.

Jerry