[asterisk-users] Registered successfully, but after a minute or so no SIP messages anymore

Andre Gronwald andregronwald78 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 03:11:23 CDT 2016

Hi all,
I have an issue with asterisk 13 and pjsip. I guess it is somehow
Firewall related, but I'm unsure.

A registration to Sipgate is established successfully:

<Registration/ServerURI..............................> <Auth..........>
<Status.......>

  pjsip_sipgate/sip:sipgate.de:5060 pjsip_sipgate     Registered

Calling the registered number is even successfully shown in asterisk (it
is a freepbx installation).
But when doing a second call the number is busy ("provider" busy, I
don't see anything in asterisk verbose mode).
Sending a pjsip unregister results in the following messages:

[2016-10-15 10:03:22] WARNING[10162]:
res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:761 schedule_retry: No response
received from 'sip:sipgate.de:5060' on registration attempt to
'sip:2636146e0 at sipgate.de:5060', retrying in '60'
     -- Contact pjsip_sipgate/sip:2636146e0 at sipgate.de:5060 is now
Reachable.  RTT: 434.393 msec
   == Endpoint pjsip_sipgate is now Reachable

so it is somewhat clear, why i get a busy, because the endpoint is not
reachable. But WHY is the endpoint not reachable?

Regarding the architecture: I have two routers cascaded, that is
unfortunately necessary. On the first router (vDSL-access router) I have
forwarded nearly everything to the second router (Bintec rj 353), where
a port forwarding for relevant ports (sip and pjsip (udp and tcp), rtp
(udp)) is configured. IF a call goes through, nearly everything is
working (audio only incoming, but that is another issue).

STUN is configured. FreePBX Firewall is disabled.

Kind regards,
andre