[asterisk-users] Touch tone stutter

Max Grobecker max.grobecker at ml.grobecker.info
Sun Nov 27 05:46:52 CST 2016

Hi,

you could try switching the DTMF mode of the ATA's SIP peer (and also in the ATA itself) to INBAND transmission.
In this mode, the ATA doesn't need to recognise DTMF tones and your Asterisk can interpret it.
For this to work, the ATA needs to use a G.711 codec. Inband DTMF needs an uncompressed codec to work properly.

Another way is (if the ATA supports it) to switch DMTF mode to SIP INFO.
In this mode, DTMF is not interpreted out of the audio stream. For external peers which are not supporting this mode
Asterisk then generates the proper RTP messages or tones.

With SIP INFO mode I made my best results with all devices, sadly it's not very common used.

Max