[asterisk-users] Regression in 13.13.0-RC1

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Nov 22 04:46:51 CST 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016, at 05:55 AM, Guido Falsi wrote:
> In my setup, which is FreeBSD, using pjsip 2.5.5 as sip backend I am
> observing a regression when testing the latest Release Candidate.
>
> Any calls get refused and the following error shown on console:
>
> [Nov 22 10:49:26] WARNING[101105]: res_rtp_asterisk.c:2400 int
> create_new_socket(const char *, int): Unable to allocate RTP socket:
> Protocol not supported
> [Nov 22 10:49:26] WARNING[101105]: res_rtp_asterisk.c:2665 int
> ast_rtp_new(struct ast_rtp_instance *, struct ast_sched_context *,
> struct ast_sockaddr *, void *): Failed to create a new socket for RTP
> instance '0x805647c30'
> [Nov 22 10:49:26] ERROR[101105]: res_pjsip_sdp_rtp.c:184 int
> create_rtp(struct ast_sip_session *, struct ast_sip_session_media *):
> Unable to create RTP instance using RTP engine 'asterisk'
>
> Please note that with asterisk 13.12.2 everything works fine. No other
> change was made to the system.
>
> Is this a known issue being worked on? Should I file a bug report?

Everything is tracked on JIRA, and there's no current issue open for
this so it's not being worked on. You would need to file an issue[1].

> I am the maintainer of the FreeBSD Asterisk port in the ports tree, and
> I routinely test Release candidates when available to speed up updating
> the port. So I'm especially interested in this issue being investigated,
> otherwise I'll have to hold up updating the FreeBSD Asterisk port.

FreeBSD isn't really a platform we support or actively target, so we'll
see what we can do and if it should hold up the release.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira

--
Joshua Colp