[asterisk-users] RS485 Audio device

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Thu Nov 3 09:32:30 CDT 2016

We do something like this, however we have two pairs of wires. One pair
is RS-485 for control running at 9600 baud. The other pair is baseband
audio which we control through relays on our intercoms. I can't imaging
trying to transmit digitally encoded audio over an RS485 network. There
are just too many issues with such a setup.

cheers,

darryl