[asterisk-users] Taskprocessors

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue May 3 06:07:49 CDT 2016

Freddi Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
> Trying to move traffic from one of our asterisk gateways using 11.21 to
> a newly installed using 13.8.0/13.9.0-rc1.
>
> After half an hour with peers just registering and no calls the 'core
> show taskprocessors' shows between 4500 and 5000 processors.
>
> the ones that there are a lot of is
>
> subp:SIP/<peername> 2 0 2
>
> Doesn't look right to me that there should be so many 'hanging/waiting'

How many SIP peers do you have? Taskprocessors can be ephemeral or can
be created to stick around for quite awhile.

> using Centos 7 / and sippers are via odbc.
>
> Initialy I had a lot of subm:... hanging and these processors would take
> 5 seconds to repond to a ping and jobs in their input queue would newer
> be finished.
> That problem did disappear when sippeers was updated with
> subscribemwi='yes'.

This would definitely be concerning. Can you provide full details on an
issue[1] including attempting to reproduce the above and get a backtrace[2]?

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira
[2]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+a+Backtrace#GettingaBacktrace-GettingInformationForADeadlock

--