[asterisk-users] Peer matching with PJSIP

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Mar 22 09:44:21 CDT 2016

Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to understand how to configure Asterisk 13's PJSIP stack.
> I've read the pages in [1] and still have a couple of questions to ask.
>
> In my lab, I've configured an Asterisk 13 box to act as an ITSP box and
> another Asterisk 13 to act as an IPBX.
>
> I'm trying to configure the ITSP box such as it would accept incoming
> registrations and calls from any IP address (dynamic), if and only if
> IPBX provides both a username and a password.
>
> 1. From experiments, I've found that OPTION messages sent by IPBX box
> have a From field which contains the following value :
> From: <sip:asterisk at 192.168.64.136
> <mailto:sip%3Aasterisk at 192.168.64.136>>;tag=cf192aac-7799-4d6d-be1a-8297125ee595
> Is it possible to change this "asterisk" in the above From field ?
> Aor section in [2] do not mention such setting.
> I couldn't see any undesirable side effects (beside WARNING messages on
> the ITSP box) from this.

This is controlled using from_user in the endpoint but does not
currently work, there is a fix up[1] to improve this.

> 2. From experiments, I've found that if INVITE messages from IPBX box do
> not contain a From field with a callerid matching the peer section in
> ITSP configuration, ITSP doesn't match incoming INVITE with appropriate
> endpoint.
> Is it possible and desirable to change ITSP box config so that any
> INVITE coming from the same IP+port attached to previous REGISTER would
> be matched appropriately ?

chan_pjsip does not currently support matching based on the IP
address+port that a device has registered from. You can only explicitly
configure this right now.

[1] https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/2373/

--
Joshua Colp