[asterisk-users] Peer matching with PJSIP

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:41:42 CDT 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to configure Asterisk 13's PJSIP stack.
I've read the pages in [1] and still have a couple of questions to ask.

In my lab, I've configured an Asterisk 13 box to act as an ITSP box and
another Asterisk 13 to act as an IPBX.

I'm trying to configure the ITSP box such as it would accept incoming
registrations and calls from any IP address (dynamic), if and only if IPBX
provides both a username and a password.

1. From experiments, I've found that OPTION messages sent by IPBX box have
a From field which contains the following value :
From: <sip:asterisk at 192.168.64.136>;tag=cf192aac-7799-4d6d-be1a-8297125ee595
Is it possible to change this "asterisk" in the above From field ?
Aor section in [2] do not mention such setting.
I couldn't see any undesirable side effects (beside WARNING messages on the
ITSP box) from this.

2. From experiments, I've found that if INVITE messages from IPBX box do
not contain a From field with a callerid matching the peer section in ITSP
configuration, ITSP doesn't match incoming INVITE with appropriate endpoint.
Is it possible and desirable to change ITSP box config so that any INVITE
coming from the same IP+port attached to previous REGISTER would be matched
appropriately ?

Best regards

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Configuring+res_pjsip
[2])