[asterisk-users] how to decrypt encrypted SIP user's secret

Duncan duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Tue Jun 28 23:50:39 CDT 2016

On 29/06/16 16:37, Nathan Anderson wrote:

> You must mean that engineer before you used "md5secret" instead of
> "secret" for each user in sip.conf?
>
> If so, why can't you just copy the md5secret line from the old server
> to the new server for each user?
>
> -- Nathan

Are you talking about sip registrations, as above they can be found in
the sip config files, assuming your PBX is still at least working and
you can look at the config files.

> about a hundred of our customer use an old IPPhone that doesn't have a
> reset button to hard reset the admin password (back to factory
> default). The previous engineer also change the IPPhone's admin
> password without any documentation. So, we can not move / change those
> IPPhone to the new PBX.

Is there a way for us to retrieve / decrypt those SIP secret ?

> Or anyone has any experience how to reset this IP Phone (Dayou Ddip-100)

Most phones don't have a reset button, rather a keypress combination to
reset them. I can't read the manual unfortunately, can you get hold of
the manufacturers?

> Any suggestion are appreciate, because I'm really desperate.

You can figure out the SIP password from the files, and if you shift the
IP address to the new server you should be fine.