[asterisk-users] how to decrypt encrypted SIP user's secret

Ikka Tirtawidjaja ikka.tirta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 20:20:20 CDT 2016

Dear all,

My office have an old asterisk PBX system (asterisk 11.4), and it encrypt
all the SIP User's secret.
But the voip engineer before me didn't save / documented those password.
Now the server's hardware is begin to broke, it hangs a lot, and have a lot
of call problem.

We already have a new asterisk PBX to replace it, but we have difficulty to
retrieve the encrypted password.

about a hundred of our customer use an old IPPhone that doesn't have a
reset button to hard reset the admin password (back to factory default).
The previous engineer also change the IPPhone's admin password without any
documentation. So, we can not move / change those IPPhone to the new PBX.

Is there a way for us to retrieve / decrypt those SIP secret ?

Or anyone has any experience how to reset this IP Phone (Dayou Ddip-100)

Any suggestion are appreciate, because I'm really desperate.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ikka
Jakarta - Indonesia