[asterisk-users] SIP trunk

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 09:59:44 CDT 2016

On Tuesday 26 Jul 2016, Jerry Geis wrote:
> It seems I am not getting any digits coming over a SIP trunk.
>
> How can I match "anything" or "nothing" and start my extension.
>
> Usually I have something like:
> exten => 55,1,Goto(xxxx,yyy,1)
>
> but if 55 does not come across and it appears to be no digits
> coming across how do I match that that and just start.

Try using extension "s"  (for Start).  NB: Take care not to include another
"s" extension into your context!

You can do something like
exten => s,1,NoOp(${EXTEN})
which will display in the console, whatever Asterisk thinks was dialled on the
far end.  If a SIP trunk really is not sending any digits, it can only be used
for a single incoming line; the calling party will have to send DTMF to select
an extension once your Asterisk answers.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .