[asterisk-users] SIP trunk

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 09:54:45 CDT 2016

Hi Jerry,

In article <CABr8-B5Z5k98qs3478zJicuUvOabEGajokEeN6sMzwq8vweCJA at mail.gmail.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> It seems I am not getting any digits coming over a SIP trunk.
>
> How can I match "anything" or "nothing" and start my extension.
>
> Usually I have something like:
> exten => 55,1,Goto(xxxx,yyy,1)
>
> but if 55 does not come across and it appears to be no digits
> coming across how do I match that that and just start.
>
> I thought about _X but that says digits. I dont think I am getting any
> digits
> I just want *anything* coming across to start the call.
>
> Basically ANY call coming across the trunk just do the same as 55 above.

It sounds like you are thinking of your SIP trunk as if it is a telephone
line, when you first pick up the line, and then send digits over it.

SIP doesn't work like that. A SIP call is started by an INVITE message
that says who the caller is, and what address they want to call. Normally,
the address would be something like sip:12345 at some.realm.com, where the
12345 would be the digits of the number that would be matched against
your dialplan. It doesn't have to be, though, and you could have a call
to sip:jerry at some.realm.com, which would match the following:

exten => jerry,1,Goto(and so on)

It is possible, but often not helpful, to have a call that doesn't specify
a number, with an address such as sip:some.realm.com, and that should
match the "s" extension:

exten => s,1,NoOp(Didn't get a number)

Maybe that's what is happening in your case, so try adding an "s" extension.

Hope this helps,

Tony
--
Tony Mountifield