[asterisk-users] VoiceMail and SMS

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 02:52:25 CDT 2016

On Friday 15 Jul 2016, Joaquin Alzola wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I am asking too many questions because we would like to use Asterisk first
> as a proof of Concept and check from there were it goes.
>
> - Does the Voicemail have the option of SMS notification on new drop
> messages (we have an SMSC so we will use that one).

Asterisk Voicemail can certainly send an e-mail when a message is left.  By
cunning use of a procmail recipe, this can be used to send an SMS or do
anything else.

> - What is the best Linux OS to install Asterisk in?

The one with which you are most familiar.

> - What throughput does it stand 1 machine with about 8GB Ram and 4 CPUs? We
> plan to add  couple but just checking for a single one.

I've seen boxes with 2 cores, 4 GB RAM, 8 outside lines, all calls recorded
using MixMonitor and no swapping; 4 cores, 8 GB RAM, 20 outside lines on an
ISDN30 and more via SIP trunks, MixMonitor recording and again no swapping.

> - Does it hava a max capacity?

Probably, but good luck trying to find it  :)

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .