[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 138, Issue 19

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jan 25 15:19:02 CST 2016

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, waqas.mehmood90 wrote:

> I am working on asterisk ivr .i am facing problrm in crontab.when i run
> example it give bash 5:command not found then i check and found that no
> crontab for root user kindly guide me please

If you start your thread with a relevant subject you may get better

Your question is somewhat cryptic.

Is this an Asterisk issue or a system administration (bash/crontab) issue?

If you don't have a crontab for root, how are you executing your script?

The usual issues in running scripts are:

1) file and/or directory permissions and/or ownership.

2) PATH.

3) 'she-bang' errors.

4) different environment between shell and cron.

5) different environment between your user ID and the executing user ID.

6) Incorrect line endings -- editing the script/crontab on Windows (cr/lf)
and copying it without conversion to Unix (lf).

None of which can be identified with the information provided.

The 'bash 5:command not found' snippet implies that something is wrong on
the 5th line of your script.

--
Thanks in advance,