[asterisk-users] Troubles with MessageSend command

Julien Sansonnens julien at jsansonnens.ch
Mon Feb 22 14:17:53 CST 2016

Hi list,
I am trying to enable SIP SIMPLE communication in my test environment
(Asterisk 13.6.0)

I have two problems:

1. Using messagesend(), I don't want my users to be able to change their
own callerid name. I want the name that appears in the ${MESSAGE(from)} to
be set by config file, and cannot be overwritten by user's settings.
in users.conf, setting "callerid=" achieves this goal for voice calls, but
not for out-of-band messaging.
Is there some way to set the "FROM" so that it cannot be overwritten by
users ?

2. depending on the transport protocol, the ${MESSAGE(to)} variables
changes. If I use UDP, my destination is "sip:user at somedomain.com", which
is good. If I use TLS, then my destination URI becomes "
sip:user at somedomain.com;transport=TLS" which causes some troubles. I would
like to remove the transport part, and to keep only the sip:user at domain,
how can I do this ? I could play with the cut command, but would like a
more elegant way.

thanks a lot for your help, Julien