[asterisk-users] No matching endpoint found for incoming call from SIP trunk

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Thu Feb 18 20:56:08 CST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 7:25 PM, Sonny Rajagopalan <
sonny.rajagopalan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an Asterisk 13.6.0 PBX using PJSIP connected to the Twilio gateway.
> I am able to make calls outbound through the gateway, but I am not able to
> make calls into the PBX from external PSTN.
>
> Specifically, an incoming call is _received_ by Asterisk, but it is not
> able to route the call internally owing to the following error:
>
> [Feb 18 21:08:47] NOTICE[4606]: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:347
> log_unidentified_request: Request from '<
> sip:+19725551212 at sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com;isup-oli=62;pstn-params=808481808882;cpc=ordinary>'
> failed for '11.12.13.14:38124' (callid:
> 3532ca0d142e6ce92f0259fd51cb5e43 at 0.0.0.0) - No matching endpoint found
>
> The last time I had this error, I was dealing with another SIP trunk and
> the issue was that I had mixed up "identify" and with "identity", but I
> have not such type in my pjsip_wizard.conf which looks like this:
>
> type = wizard
> sends_auth = yes
> sends_registrations = no
> remote_hosts = sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com\;transport=tcp

​I'll bet that if you do a "pjsip show transport twilio"​ you won't see any
Identify or Matches.  I think there's a bug in the wizard that's not
correctly handling the "\;transport=tcp" in all cases when it's appended to
remote_hosts.  I'll check on it tomorrow.

​Do this instead:​

remote_hosts = sillyapp.pstn.twilio.com
server_uri_pattern = sip:${REMOTE_HOST}\;transport=TCP
client_uri_pattern = sip:${REMOTE_HOST}\;transport=TCP
contact_pattern = sip:${REMOTE_HOST}\;transport=TCP

Also, make sure that your Twilio "Origination URI" has the ";transport=tcp"
appended.

​I'll be working ​on the wiki tomorrow as well. :)