[asterisk-users] res_odbc crashes asterisk

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Feb 11 12:30:14 CST 2016

     I use realtime on my asterisk installation.  I have always used
mysql for my realtime connection but as mysql seems to be on the "soon
to be deprecated" list of asterisk features I am trying to move to ODBC
(still using MariaDB/Mysql on backend).  I find ODBC support in Asterisk
very unstable.  Just today my asterisk server (a test server and a
production server) has crashed often or simply hangs because it says
ODBC is disconnected.  I can use the isql tool to query my database
without any interruptions.

     Is anyone using res_odbc for realtime in Asterisk 13?  Both my test
server and production server are CentOS 7.2 and I followed the procedure
set by the Asterisk Wiki:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Setting+up+PJSIP+Realtime

     I keep getting errors like this one:

asterisk:
/builddir/build/BUILD/mysql-connector-odbc-5.2.5-src/driver/desc.c:110:
desc_free_paramdata: Assertion `aprec' failed.
[Feb  9 16:28:48] WARNING[3781]: res_odbc.c:1405 _ast_odbc_request_obj2:
SetConnectAttr (Txn isolation) returned an error: HY000: [MySQL][ODBC
5.2(w) Driver]Lost connection to MySQL server during query
[Feb  9 16:28:48] WARNING[3781]: res_config_odbc.c:117 custom_prepare:
SQL Prepare failed![SELECT * FROM ps_domain_aliases WHERE id = ?]
[Feb  9 16:28:48] WARNING[3781]: res_odbc.c:765 ast_odbc_sanity_check:
Connection is down attempting to reconnect...
Aborted (core dumped)

     Any pointers on working with ODBC and Asterisk?

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)9116-91161