[asterisk-users] How to simulate 100 phones in a lab ?

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:36:08 CST 2016

You could use Custom Device States to create your 100 extensions to watch
and update their status by changing the states manually.

With Asterisk 13.0  and PJSip I had the RLS feature working with some
Yealink phones (T28P and a T41P to be specific), on the phone I set:

phone_setting.auto_blf_list_enable = 1
phone_setting.blf_list_sequence_type = 1
account.1.blf.blf_list_uri = MyTestRLS

and in my pjsip I created the MyTestRLS

[MyTestRLS]
type = resource_list
event = dialog
list_item = 7001
list_item = 7002
list_item = 7003

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 4:19 AM, Olivier <oza.4h07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a request from a prospective customer demanding a SIP hardphone
> able to provide 120 BLF to its operator.
>
> Each BLF should show current extension activity (blink when ringing, ...)
> and allow speed dialing.
>
> Beside finding hardware matching these requirements, I'm wondering if it's
> achievable to simulate 100 phones in a lab.
> More precisely, I would like to check if:
> - an hardphone can handle such load (some vendors claim it's not easy, see
> [1])
> - using Asterisk 13's Resource List Subscription feature changes anything
> in this capability.
>

> I've played a bit with SIPp in the past to generate calls.
> Is it the right tool for such tests ?
>
> What would you suggest ?
>
> Best regards
>
> [1] http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=216
>
> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein