[asterisk-users] How to simulate 100 phones in a lab ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 05:19:03 CST 2016

Hello,

I've got a request from a prospective customer demanding a SIP hardphone
able to provide 120 BLF to its operator.

Each BLF should show current extension activity (blink when ringing, ...)
and allow speed dialing.

Beside finding hardware matching these requirements, I'm wondering if it's
achievable to simulate 100 phones in a lab.
More precisely, I would like to check if:
- an hardphone can handle such load (some vendors claim it's not easy, see
[1])
- using Asterisk 13's Resource List Subscription feature changes anything
in this capability.

I've played a bit with SIPp in the past to generate calls.
Is it the right tool for such tests ?

What would you suggest ?

Best regards

[1] http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=216