[asterisk-users] How to deal with error messages passed as Early Media

Steve Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Wed Feb 3 09:35:54 CST 2016

  On 03/02/16 15:29, Olivier wrote:
> <mailto:steve-lists at geekinter.net>>:
>

>     On 03/02/16 14:41, Olivier wrote:
>
>         How can I best deal with error messages passed as Early Media.
>
>     Tell the ITSP to give you proper signaling, if they wont then get
>     a new ITSP. I suspect if they can't handle this correctly, there
>     will be a lot more they're doing wrong as well. Long term you'll
>     save yourself a whole lot of bother.
>

> Yes but I'm afraid that, in this industry, the rule is to pass
> anything received to the other party.
In that case I wish you the best of luck. You can't process audio and
turn it into a proper signal. If they don't send a SIP/ISDN signal then
you're stuffed.

I still maintain the best way is to get the right thing sent to you in
the first place - it's a basic interop requirement that data is
consistent (even if it's not exactly the format what you want)

Steve