[asterisk-users] Asterisk Fax Receive - how to get the remoteheader?

Larry Moore lmoore at starwon.com.au
Sat Dec 17 17:02:47 CST 2016

The list of options available are listed here
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+Function_FAXOPT

It doesn't appear that a received header is available unless it is
written into the 'headerinfo' variable after it is received, I haven't
checked for this.

 From my days working with fax machines, the header could be inserted in
the line the TSI is on or in the image being transmitted, if you receive
a fax that has been sent to you with the latter set, then the
'headerinfo' will not be of any use. Perhaps someone with more knowledge
may be able to explain this better.

A quick Google search for 'fax header outside of tsi' will provide a
list of manuals, here's one -
http://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/sh3_378.html#qitem13

Expand the line for

        To specify the position of Header Position printed on a sent fax
        ([Header Position])

Larry.