[asterisk-users] Asterisk Can't start with the default configs

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Dec 2 08:36:25 CST 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016, at 10:27 AM, Mr Dini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled the asterisk 14.0.2 to my ARMv5 NAS, however I just have
> enough
> time to test it now.
>
> But with the default config (I only edited the http.conf), it won't
> start,
> but gives the following:
>
> Sorcery registered wizard 'bucket'
> Sorcery registered wizard 'bucket_file'
> Parsing /ffp/etc/asterisk/sorcery.conf
> Parsing '/ffp/etc/asterisk/sorcery.conf': Found
> Cannot update type 'bucket' in module 'core' because it has no existing
> documentation!
> Failed to register 'bucket' object type in Bucket sorcery
> Failed: ast_bucket_init
>
> What is the problem?

This means that Asterisk was built with documentation support but the
documentation is not installed. Many things will fail to load as a
result of this. It is commonly located in the
/var/lib/asterisk/documentation directory as core-en_US.xml but in your
embedded environment it may be different.

--
Joshua Colp