[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11.23.0 on CentOS6 : how to get ICE support ?

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Thu Aug 11 16:00:44 CDT 2016

On 11-08-16 18:03, Matt Fredrickson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kellens at telenet.be> wrote:
>> My main reason not to upgrade to Ast 13 is because I'm afraid of losing
>> functionality as there are certain functions deprecated/replaced. This can
>> also cause headache :-)
>>
>> I will do so if there is no other option.
>>
>> But still, I don't see why Ast 13 would differ so much in this case ? If ICE
>> and NAT is working (not causing problems) why should Ast 13 bring me audio
>> and Ast 12 don't ??
> If you want to minimize grief, start with 13 - WebRTC has been a
> moving target for the last 5 years, it is not an old, mature standard
> like ISDN or SIP.  If you find interop problems in an older version of
> Asterisk with WebRTC, it's likely that it has been fixed in 13, and if
> it hasn't the most likely place to obtain the fix will be in 13.
>
> After you get the WebRTC part working, then you can move back the
> versions of Asterisk you're using to see if it still works.
>
> As far as ICE not working goes, if the browser you're talking to is
> not on the same network as the Asterisk server, it's *possible* you
> might need a true TURN server as well, instead of just an ICE server.
>
> Matthew Fredrickson

Matthew

when I set the following in rtp.conf :

turnaddr=192.158.29.39:3478?transport=udp
turnusername=28224511:1379330808
turnpassword=JZEOEt2V3Qb0y27GRntt2u2PAYA

then Asterisk 12 gets really slow and sometimes unresponsive. Calls
result in 480 request timeout (possibly due to the freeze of Asterisk).

So this is also no solution.

Can not even test if it brings me some audio in my webRTC calls.

(putting the above lines back in comment resolves the issue of Asterisk
freeze. This is all EXTREMELY BUGGY !)

Asterisk 13 here I come (with very high expectations).

Kind regards.