[asterisk-users] Removing mailbox and password prompt for voicemail

Nabeel nabeelshikder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 03:12:53 CDT 2016

On 30 July 2016 at 19:32, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at vex.net> wrote:

> Not playing the prompt changes nothing.  If someone presses '*' while
> listening to your answer message then they are in your mailbox.  You
> better have a password that they need to enter to continue.

I have now tested the 'Unavailable' message by pressing "*" while listening
to the recorded message. I can confirm that this does NOT directly enter to
the called number's mailbox. It actually enter's the registered
device's/caller's own mailbox. Therefore, this does not necessitate setting
a password.

The problem is that the 'mailbox' prompt allows a way for accessing any
other mailbox, which is not necessary in my case. If anyone knows a way to
remove this 'mailbox' prompt, please let me know.

Nabeel