[asterisk-users] Debian 8.4 : dahdi startup scripts ?

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Tue Apr 12 14:18:55 CDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 07:29:47PM +0200, Bertrand LUPART - Linkeo.com wrote:
> According to
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=779292 init
> scripts are not the preferred way to start dahdi under Jessie
> anymore.
>
> My guess that's a voluntary move. Scrutinizing
> /usr/share/doc/dahdi/changelog.Debian.gz it seems this changed on
> 1:2.7.0.1-1
>
> Not sure how to start dahdi, though.

It looks like the intent is to use the hotplug scripts called in
/lib/udev/rules.d/60-dahdi.rules.

The spans get set up at device detection time, by
/usr/share/dahdi/dahdi_handle_device,
which executes the scripts in /usr/share/dahdi/handle_device.d/

For my (simple) setup, this will probably "just work".  I'll try
removing /etc/init.d/dahdi next time I reboot my asterisk machine.