[asterisk-users] Debian 8.4 : dahdi startup scripts ?

Bertrand LUPART - Linkeo.com bertrand.lupart at linkeo.com
Tue Apr 12 12:29:47 CDT 2016

> On 12 avr. 2016, at 19:13, Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Maybe you did upgrade from another dahdi version and you kept the script from it ?
>
> That must be it.  I have an old /var/lib/dpkg/info/dahdi.list file
> that contains /etc/init.d/dahdi, so I was seeing it when I did "dpkg -L dahdi".
> But you're right, the current version doesn't have it.
> Want to file a bug report or shall I?

According to https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=779292 init scripts are not the preferred way to start dahdi under Jessie anymore.

My guess that's a voluntary move. Scrutinizing /usr/share/doc/dahdi/changelog.Debian.gz it seems this changed on 1:2.7.0.1-1

Not sure how to start dahdi, though.

--
Bertrand LUPART