[asterisk-users] Is it possible to have two trunks between two Asterisk boxes ?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Apr 5 10:12:46 CDT 2016

Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For lab testing, I'm trying to build two differents PJSIP trunks between
> two  Asterisk 13.8.0enabled boxes.
> I thought I could set up both trunks like this:
> Box A/port 5060 <------ Trunk1 -----> Box B/port 5060
> Box A/port 5062 <------ Trunk2 -----> Box B/port 5062
>
> and declare trunks like this:
>
> [foobar1]
> type=endpoint
> transport=simpletrans
> context=from-customer
> aors=foobar1
> allow=!all,alaw
>
> [foobar1]
> type=identify
> endpoint=foobar1
> match=100.66.1.104:5060 <http://100.66.1.104:5060>
>
> [foobar1]
> type=aor
> contact=sip:100.66.1.104:5060 <http://100.66.1.104:5060>

You would need to use From user based matching to differentiate the two
trunks. This can be accomplished by specifying the remote endpoint name
to match using the from_user parameter on an endpoint. Example:

[trunk1]
type=endpoint
from_user=trunk2

When an outbound call is initiated using the trunk1 endpoint then the
 From user will be 'trunk2'. If this is received by another chan_pjsip
it will attempt to look for an endpoint named 'trunk2'.

This will allow you to differentiate.

--
Joshua Colp