[asterisk-users] Is it possible to have two trunks between two Asterisk boxes ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:33:10 CDT 2016

Hello,

For lab testing, I'm trying to build two differents PJSIP trunks between
two  Asterisk 13.8.0enabled boxes.
I thought I could set up both trunks like this:
Box A/port 5060  <------ Trunk1 -----> Box B/port 5060
Box A/port 5062  <------ Trunk2 -----> Box B/port 5062

and declare trunks like this:

[foobar1]
type=endpoint
transport=simpletrans
context=from-customer
aors=foobar1
allow=!all,alaw

[foobar1]
type=identify
endpoint=foobar1
match=100.66.1.104:5060

[foobar1]
type=aor
contact=sip:100.66.1.104:5060

(In my above example,simpletrans is one of the two configured UDP
transports).

When giving this a try, the Asterisk box receiving incoming calls cannot
make a difference between calls using Trunk1 from those using Trunk2.

Before digging deeper, I would be very curious to get opinions if this is
possible in the first place.
What do you think ?

Best regards