[asterisk-users] Xorcom T1 to PRI

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Sep 30 07:47:56 CDT 2015

Hi,

This seems to be an issue of terminology,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 05:08:24PM -0500, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a client that has a 24 channel voice T1 that I have been using e&m
> signalling over for a number of years.  The local telco finally got an ISDN
> switch and wants to move them to PRI.  I didn't see this as a big problem -
> I've done a few others on this particular Caribbean island without issues,
> but this would be the first time with a Xorcom unit involved.
>
> We tried to do it tonight and failed.  I suspect there is an issue at their
> central office where they patched the line away from an old dms-100 and to
> the new ISDN switch - the tech said he couldn't see anything at the line
> layer, though I showed no alarms.  Regardless, something odd happened that I
> am hoping for some advice on.  We reverted to the T1 and will try again next
> week.
>
> The odd bit is this - lsdahdi showed all 24 channels as "T1" instead of
> "PRI".  The output of lsdahdi at another site where I had already done this
> conversion (which uses a Sangoma card) looks like this:
>
> root at astsouth:/etc/dahdi# lsdahdi
> ### Span  1: WPT1/0 "wanpipe1 card 0" (MASTER) ESF/B8ZS
>   1 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>   2 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>   3 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>   4 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>   5 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>   6 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>   7 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>   8 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>   9 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  10 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  11 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  12 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  13 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  14 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  15 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  16 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  17 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  18 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  19 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  20 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  21 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  22 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  23 PRI        Clear       (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC - INACTIVE)
>  24 PRI        Hardware-assisted HDLC  (In use) (EC: WANPIPE_HWEC -
> INACTIVE)
>
> Bah, the scrollback has already erased the output from the box in question,
> but essentially it showed the same as above with "T1" in the second column
> for all channels instead of "PRI".

Right. For Sangoma cards, lsdahdi can't tell if the port is E1 or T1 and
thus calls it "PRI". Note that "PRI" here is a poor name that refers to
the port type itself and not to the signalling in it (which don't have
to be ISDN).

Suggestions? Patches?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen