[asterisk-users] Problem with Cisco CUBE when dialling into Asterisk 13 server

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Sep 7 13:20:42 CDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 2:02 AM, Brendan Ord <bord at staff.onthenet.com.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> This is a problem with my Cisco CUBE (2811), so apologies for this being
> kind of off-topic.  It is acting as a border for my Asterisk 13 server
> though J
>

> Rather than re-type the details of my problems, I have a post in the Cisco
> community with running-configs and various debugs attached.  I’m drawing
> blanks as to my problem so I am reaching out wherever I can to try resolve
> this.
>

> https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12589596/cisco-ube-hangs-calls-immediately-after-being-answered

I'm not sure anyone on here is going to be able to help you, unless
they are intimately familiar with Cisco CUBE as well. Looking at the
post you referenced, where 172.22.4.8 is Asterisk, you have the
following call flow:

U 172.22.4.12:59803 -> 172.22.4.8:5061
INVITE sip:61756767463 at 172.22.4.8:5061 SIP/2.0.

U 172.22.4.8:5061 -> 172.22.4.12:5060
SIP/2.0 100 Trying.

U 172.22.4.8:5061 -> 172.22.4.12:5060
SIP/2.0 180 Ringing.

U 172.22.4.8:5061 -> 172.22.4.12:5060
SIP/2.0 180 Ringing.

### Pick up handset to answer
U 172.22.4.8:5061 -> 172.22.4.12:5060
SIP/2.0 200 OK.

U 172.22.4.12:59803 -> 172.22.4.8:5061
BYE sip:61756767463 at 172.22.4.8:5061 SIP/2.0.

U 172.22.4.8:5061 -> 172.22.4.12:5060
SIP/2.0 200 OK.

If 172.22.4.12 - which I assume is the Cisco phone or CUBE - has
decided to send Asterisk a BYE, there's not much anyone can tell you
unless they are familiar with that device. Asterisk is being told to
hang up the call, and so it will do so.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Director of Technology