[asterisk-users] Single SIP User on multiple location

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Sep 2 05:10:05 CDT 2015

On Wednesday 02 Sep 2015, Avanish Shahi wrote:
> Now I’m trying to solve following problem. I have a requirement that
> each employee should have SIP phone at home, SIP phone in office,
> cell phone with same user.
>

> I want all those 3 phones to be “one extension”. So, if someone calls
> our company number and dials my extension - I’d like 3 phones to ring
> at the same time.
>

> e.g. Extension 555 for all the places and when anyone dial the
> extension 555 then it should ring at all the places simultaneously and
> user can pick any extension as desired.

exten => 555,Dial(SIP/555&SIP/7555&DAHDI/G1/07xxxxxxxxx)
will dial 555 and 7555 on the SIP trunk, and 07xxxxxxxxx via a hardware
telephony card, until one of them answers.

You probably will want to use an AGI script to look up in a database the
mobile number associated with the extension number; it will keep the dialplan
sane.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .