[asterisk-users] Asterisk HA with heartbeat and systemd

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 01:44:20 CDT 2015

> If you’re still in the planning stage, there’s a lot more to think about.
> Your Asterisk failure detection will be very simplistic (is the process
> dead).  Synchronization of data – without risking synchronization of
> corrupt data to a peer.  Prevent a deteriorating/failing peer corruption
> from corrupted the other peer (i.e. now shared resources).  Awareness of
> upstream (e.g.: route/network) failures making the peer unavailable – and
> how to detect that.  Etc. etc.
>

> Here’s a good checklist of things to consider in your design:
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+High+Availability+Design

Yes I read this document and found it very informative.

I don't think I'll be able to detect Asterisk failures automatically so
basically I'll rely on a manual processes to either move from one server to
the other or to sync configs (in fact, I'll keep both configs as
independant as possible to avoid one machine's config to corrupt the other).