[asterisk-users] Polycom phone registering

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Oct 8 13:50:24 CDT 2015

Do polycom phones not LIKE using something other than port 5060 ???

I have five of them behind a firewall and my asterisk server is remote.
Other devices are registering just fine, just not my polycom phones.

Today I notices that ONE registered, but it grabbed port 5060.

1004/1004                 12.215.64.135                            D  Yes
     Yes            55068
1006/1006                 12.215.64.135                            D  Yes
     Yes            55066
401/401                   (Unspecified)                            D  Yes
     Yes            0
510/510                   (Unspecified)                            D  Yes
     Yes            0
511/511                   12.215.64.135                            D  Yes
     Yes            5060
524/524                   (Unspecified)                            D  Yes
     Yes            0
535/535                   (Unspecified)                            D  Yes
     Yes            0
537/537                   (Unspecified)                            D  Yes
     Yes            0

The 1XXX are non polycom phones and are working just fine. The other devices
are polycom phones and only one is registering.

Each has this exact definition but unique to extension of course:

[524]
type=friend
defaultname=524
defaultuser=524
secret=XXXXXXXX
dtmfmode=RFC2833
host=dynamic
description=Polycom 0004f2323292

context=smvoice-sip
rtptimeout=60
rtpholdtimeout=60
rtpkeepalive=60
callerid="Jerry"
qualify=no
canreinvite=yes
timezone=1
nat=force_rport,comedia
disallow=all
allow=g722
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

I am getting "401 unathorized" as the response going to the polycom phones
- then nothing back from the phone until the next registration attempt.

How do I either make the polycom ONLY use port 5060 or tell teh polycom its
OK to use another port?

I tried takign off the force_rport and just leave comedia but that did not
make a
difference either.

thanks,

Jerry