[asterisk-users] accept DMTF tone during ringing

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Nov 10 12:55:21 CST 2015

For what channel driver, and what use case?

It's my understanding that in the traditional telephone network
(ISDN/SS7/analog), prior to a call being answered, you were not necessarily
guaranteed a two way media path.  Sometimes it was available (there are few
stories of large companies who somehow talked their telco provider into
allowing it so users could traverse their IVR prior to a billable answer)
but I don't *think* it's guaranteed.

>From a SIP standpoint, there are many ways it could not work as well,
depending on the type of DTMF being sent.  If you're using inband DTMF of
any sort (audio inband or RFC2833-ish) if you don't have a bidirectional
media path established through NATs and such, you could miss digits as well.

Matthew Fredrickson

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 3:50 PM, hadi <almarzuki2011 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> How to accept DMTF tone during ringing mode? Its possible.
>
> Regards
>
> -Hadi.Salem
>

> --

Matthew Fredrickson