[asterisk-users] asterisk-users Digest, Vol 130, Issue 14

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Fri May 15 02:34:02 CDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

to Netgear switches where I have enabled their "Auto-VoIP" feature, which
remarks packets based on protocol (SIP, SCCP, etc) for better QoS:
>http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21758

>I wonder if this remarking process is modifying another part of the packet
too?
>Both devices are on the same subnet, so although these switches do route
traffic as well, that shouldn't be coming into play here.

We had a very specific issue at a client recently with Yealink phones and
Cisco routers. No Yealink we plugged in would pick up an IP from the DHCP
server so it could be configured.

To correct it we had to explicitly turn off LLDP (link layer discovery
protocol) on the Yealinks in order to get them to work on the Cisco'ed
network.

Did not fool around with the Cisco to try and solve the issue, and still
don't know exactly what was going wrong, but it seems defined that using
recent model Yealink phones on a network with a recent Cisco router, either
turn off LLDP on the phones or the router to prevent problems.

The above still did not solve the issues completely, still getting one or
two complaints from this customer every few days which also seem to be
related to the fact of using Yealink phones with a network where a Cisco
router is present... so your milage may vary.

Stefan