[asterisk-users] How to make asterisk work with remote mysql database?

Manish Jain manish.jain at roundabouttech.com
Thu May 7 12:44:58 CDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to make asterisk 11.7 work on Ubuntu 12 (amd64). I would
like asterisk to not use the inbuilt sqlite database. Instead, I want it
use a remote mysql database. Is this possible ? If yes, is there any
good HowTo on this ?

Running 'make install' installed my asterisk successfully, but no conf
files were copied to /etc/asterisk. Nor was a service start script
placed in /etc/init.d. Is there normal ? fixable?

One additional problem is that, after installation, the CLI has no odbc
command. Why could this be ? I suspect that for asterisk to work with
remote mysql database, odbc functionality needs to be fully workable.

Thanks for any help.

Manish Jain

---