[asterisk-users] Asterisk switching bridge to native_rtp even with direct_media=no

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Mar 18 07:48:14 CDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Nick Awesome <jleed at me.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> have issues with reinvite, no matter what endpoint is calling asterisk
> always tries switch simple_bridge to native_rtp
>
>  Bridge 0422bfa0-9d22-4bba-9108-a3f14d7d1cab: switching from simple_bridge
> technology to native_rtp
>
> in endpoints table “direct_media” sets to “no” on all endpoints but it
> doesn’t help.
>
> if native_rtp not work for some reason I have oneway audio. how can I fix
> this? if I add mix_monitor it works, but it’s not a right way to fix this
> issues.

A native_rtp bridge is used for more than direct media. It is also
used for local native bridging, that is, when you have two RTP capable
channels in a bridge and Asterisk does not require the media to flow
through its core. The bridge then just performs a packet to packet
swap between the two RTP capable channels.

Note that on verbosity 4, Asterisk will tell you if the bridge is
locally or remotely bridging the two channels.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Director of Technology