[asterisk-users] PRI Callerid Passthrough

Rizwan H Qureshi rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 07:16:25 CDT 2015

Thanks AJ and David,
We were actually using GSM gateways by setting busy forward number on the
SIMs and just giving busy signal on every incoming call, telco took care of
the forwarding and the line was free within seconds. Now we need to scale
up the setup but GSM gateways a very very expensive if we want to scale
upto a 1000 DIDs, which means thousand SIMs and a gateway/gateways big
enough.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 3:43 PM, A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 Mar 2015, Rizwan H Qureshi wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I have to forward incoming call on PRI back out to PRI but I need the
> > original Callerid to passthrough. Is it possible with DAHDI PRI cards
> > without involving the service provider?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> It depends who your service provider is!
>
> Any PRI card can send the commands down the D-channel to set any caller ID
> you
> like, but it's still up to the telco whether or not they will honour your
> request.  I know the hard way that BT will only let you identify with a
> number
> you're entitled to use.
>
> Also, remember if you have a call coming in on a PRI line and going out on
> another PRI line, that's eating two of your thirty lines .....
>
> --
> AJS
>
> Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
> list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .
>
> --

Best Ragards
Rizwan H Qureshi

V: +971 (0) 528272154