[asterisk-users] PRI Callerid Passthrough

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 06:43:32 CDT 2015

On Wednesday 18 Mar 2015, Rizwan H Qureshi wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have to forward incoming call on PRI back out to PRI but I need the
> original Callerid to passthrough. Is it possible with DAHDI PRI cards
> without involving the service provider?
>
> Thanks

It depends who your service provider is!

Any PRI card can send the commands down the D-channel to set any caller ID you
like, but it's still up to the telco whether or not they will honour your
request.  I know the hard way that BT will only let you identify with a number
you're entitled to use.

Also, remember if you have a call coming in on a PRI line and going out on
another PRI line, that's eating two of your thirty lines .....

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .